Roles and responsibilities
Process Safety Management (PSM) system which is implemented through a cross functional organizational structure. This has a high level of ownership and involvement from element owners and PSM teams in the operations, maintenance and technical functions. It is supported by a core team of PSM specialists who maintain and develop the systems, track progress, provide advice, auditing and training etc.
This role is part of the core team of PSM specialists. It is based at the Bathinda refinery and its main focus is on the operations there but it also involves providing support to our crude oil terminal and pipeline teams.
Maintaining & enhancing PSM procedures & systems
- Review, maintenance and continuous improvement of existing PSM procedures and systems
- Development of new procedures / systems as required
- Drive and direct PSM Implementation and actively communicate updates with all the concerned persons.
- Ensure PSM training to new & existing employees, contractor people
- Track and report progress on PSM action items/ metrics
Process hazard analysis, auditing and investigation
- Acts as a leader of process hazard analysis teams for reviews of existing equipment and any proposed changes
- Act as leader for internal PSM audits to ensure complete compliance with set norms.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate external PSM audits, gap assessments and other process safety studies
- Lead / assist in investigations of PSM related incidents
Providing process safety advice and support
- Support unit managers and the various process safety teams in dealing with any process safety issues / challenges
- Help PSM Elements to become part of live safety culture.
- Assist Process Safety Manager in driving overall PSM program within the business sector with multi- site responsibility
- Identification of Gaps in functional safety (DCS/SIS/Alarm Management).
Required Candidate profileEducational Qualifications
The candidate should have an Engineering degree, preferably in chemical from background of PSM, Process safety design, Technical services or operations.
Experience Qualifications and skills
Candidate should have at least 6 years of experience of working in refinery/petrochemicals or similar high hazard industry. High quality candidates with more than 10 years of experience may be considered for DM level.
Strong commitment and visible dedication for Safety is essential.
Excellent organizational skills to enable planning, execution and implementation in a timely manner.
Achieve results through diverse cross-functional teams.
- Excellent experience and technically proficient in all areas of process safety and loss prevention.
- Extensive knowledge in various PHA tools, SIL, LOPA, and QRA.
- Exposure in Process safety design, Facility Siting study.
Salary: INR 10,00,000 - 15,00,000 PA.
Desired Candidate Profile
Contact Company:Mastermind Network
Reference Id:Rajeev / AM -Process Safety Management